About The Vendor Innovators
The Vendor Innovators 2022, company and solution:
The Vendor Innovators is a research conducted by ROCCO every two years to identify the most Innovative Vendor Solutions in our industry.
Mobile Operators rate their Vendors on 18 KPIs specific to Innovation which have been chosen by Mobile Operators.
This years “The Vendor Innovators” asks the Vendors to identify an Innovation and present it in Feb 2022 before we open the rating to the Mobile Operators. It also allows Vendors to have several stages of visibility of their solutions, providing a much needed space for awareness of what’s happening industry wide.
It finally provides a stage for Vendors to present their solutions with a panel of judges (The Lions Den) and audience participation, resulting in some vendors winning awards and receiving them at our Visionaries Gala in May 2022.
“Nothing changes if nothing changes!”
The Innovators started out for us as a niche report where Mobile Operators were asking us to understand which vendors were making a big difference to our industry. But in 2021 looking around us, we’re in a Black Swan scenario and the need to adapt and innovate is something vital to the new normal world we are facing for all Vendors, so the response to this specific research project has been broader than usual. All Roaming and Interconnect vendors are brainstorming these days, while boardrooms are virtual, we all face the reality of a crisis in our industry. The companies ready to innovate will be the ones most likely who will survive the journey.
About this Research Project and Report
Over the last 9 years ROCCO has had a simple goal, to study where we are today within the Roaming and Interconnect Industry and to try and support its future development. As the MNO and Vendor communities know too well, technology is developing at an incredible pace (5G, IoT, eSIM) and yet still some of the ways which we deliver these technologies are extremely costly, inefficient and even harmful to the future success of the telecoms industry.
Vendors who create efficiencies, optimise processes and seek evolutionary solutions to some of these challenges need to be encouraged. Help us to uncover who these companies are. In this research project like in the Innovators 2016, 2018 and 2020 we asked MNOs to rate Vendors on 18 KPI measures of Innovation. Hoever this time it is more than just the MNOs private votes that matter. They also have to face the Lions Den.
The Vendor Innovators Methodology
Vendors interested in this initiative register with ROCCO.
Up to 3 innovations are allowed. Vendors will receive a guide “Welcome pack” of how to make the best from the research.
We have 8 stages of project recognition which can bring visibility for the innovation and vendor:
- Notification through all our channels of your entry into the project
- Vendor presents their innovation at the Showcase sessions 1st and 2nd Feb 2022
- Video presentations from the Showcase sessions will also be added to this page
- Notification to all MNOs of the Innovative solutions
- Listed on roccogenesis.com as a speaker at Genesis 2022
- Free attendance 1 speaker at Genesis May 2022 to present the idea to the audience
- Visionaries gala our awards ceremony on 17th May
- Free Report for the industry to review
Vendors will have a 20 minute slot followed by 10 minutes for questions to present their innovations at a special online showcase event in February 1st and 2nd 2022. This will be in the form of a webinar where MNOs will attend to view the solutions.
The videos of the presentations will be available to facilitate the MNO voting.
The MNOs will then vote for their solutions via a survey produced by ROCCO and published on 2nd February 2022.
This will follow the existing methodology we have used previously in reports which requires a minimum of 5 MNOs to vote for the Vendor. All Vendors large or small are treated on the basis of the average of their rating for each KPI. This has been the same established methodology for all previous reports.
The Operator Vote counts for 50% of the score. The Lions Den vote a further 25% and the Genesis Audience vote a final 25%.
- In May 2022 at Genesis in Andalusia Spain, the Vendors will then present their solutions to the Lions in the Genesis Lions Den on 17th May 2021.
- The Lions (all people from MNOs) will rate their innovations. 25% of the overall score.
- Then the audience at Genesis will also have a chance to rate the idea. 25% of the overall score.
- Finally the 3rd, 2nd and 1st solutions will be announced at the Visionaries Gala on May 17th and the vendors will receive awards for their solutions.
- A free report will be published for the industry to review the innovations.
THIS APPROACH WILL IDENTIFY THE MOST INNOVATIVE VENDORS IN OUR INDUSTRY AND ALLOW US TO SEE WHICH VENDORS ARE REALLY WORKING ON R&D AND MAKING A DIFFERENCE TO THE INDUSTRY.
THE REPORT WILL COVER AN ANALYSIS OF THE TOP INNOVATIVE VENDORS IN THE ROAMING AND INTERCONNECT SECTOR OF THE TELECOM INDUSTRY AND CONTAIN THE RANKING.
Our Report from 2020
The 9 Solutions below were presented in the Showcase on the 1st and 2nd Feb 2022. Before voting, please review the solutions. All the solutions will be presented live at Genesis on May 17th in Malaga, Andalucia.