SMS FIREWALL VENDOR PERFORMANCE 2020
ROCCO HQ London 13/02/20 Our research has been concluded, the results have been checked and verified and we are pleased to publish our latest report on SMS Firewall.
SMS Firewall is a service with a growing appeal for MNOs. An SMS Firewall can be used for protecting both incoming as well as outgoing messages making sure that a MNO’s network is not being abused by third parties. Primarily SMS Firewall has been used for keeping out spam SMS and/or A2P SMS. Some of the newest vendors in the market right now only focus on A2P SMS filtering for e.g. grey routes in order to maximise the monetisation of A2P SMS.
Here is a short version of what a SMS Firewall can handle:
- Anti-Spamming – Block unsolicited SMS messages to a subscriber
- Anti-Flooding – Block large amounts of messages to one or more destinations
- Anti-Faking – Stop messages where the addresses of the messages have been manipulated
- Anti-Spoofing – Stop messages using illegally the SMS-C address of the MNO by manipulating the A-number
- Comparison of calling SCCP addresses, origin number and MAP SMS-C addresses
- White-listing – Allowing certain messages to go through based on specific rules
- Monitoring and reporting – detection of fraudulent messages, alarming and blocking for fraudulent messages based on criteria defined by the MNO
- and much much more…
In recent years SMS Firewall has become a major part of offering a robust A2P SMS Messaging solution. See our A2P SMS Reports for more information.
SMS Firewall Vendor Performance Report 2020
Between October 2019 and January 2020 we asked MNOs globally to give us their perceptions of SMS Firewall Vendors, how well they knew them and how they would rate them. They rated Vendors on 30+ KPIs in the area of Performance, Value and Leadership. The survey was about brand perception, experience of these providers as well as an understanding of whether MNOs would choose them over others.
Mobile Operators who participated in the Research will receive their free Executive Summary Report shortly, thanks for your support and feedback, we hope you enjoy the data and insights into the Vendors.
Buy the Strategic Analysis Version here
While the report contains insights about 14 vendors, there are eight specific vendors who have featured in the research for 2020: AMD Telecom, Anam Technologies, BICS, Cellusys, Comviva, Haud, Infobip and Syniverse. The report contains a leaderboard which shows the overall ranking of these vendors. When Vendors who appear in Tier One buy this report, they will also be provided with a special graphic for promotional use. Congratulation to all the Vendors who were recognised in the report!
On May 20th the Tier 1 Vendors in this report will be presented with Awards at the ROCCO Visionary Gala, the evening event associated with the ROCCO Genesis May 19th to 21st 2020 in Seville Spain. See the ROCCO Genesis webpage for more information about the event.